Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome to The Autzen Zoo



It may seem a strange time to be kicking off a college football blog seeing as that the season just ended. Fact is, I have been counting down the days to the end of the college football season so that I can actually start the blog. The only thing more random than starting a blog at the end of the college football season would be to start one dead smack in the middle of it. One advantage of starting it now is that I have about 8 months to hype up everything about the upcoming 2007 season. By the time week one rolls around, I will be lightheaded from excitement. Hopefully, you will be too. This isn't to say that every single post will be about college football. There will be ample opportunity to touch on other aspects of the sports world. However, I live for college football and that is where the majority of the time will be spent.
As time goes on, I will probably figure out some regular features that will appear on a weekly basis but at this point I am just going to wing it. I have already decided that we will be previewing every single team in the lead-up to next season in alphabetical order. So all of you Florida Atlantic fans that feel slighted by the media that insists on only covering relavent programs, I promise that you will get time here. This will likely begin during spring football when it becomes clear how each team will be taking shape. Until then, I will look at the coaching carousel that we are in the middle of, some recruiting, some opinions about the 2006 season and their implications for next year, and whatever else I can think of.
As you can tell by the title of the blog and the fact that I live in Eugene, I am a life-long Duck fan and current student at the University of Oregon. This does not mean that every single post will be about Duck football. It does not mean that there will be a strong bias towards everything Oregon or everything Pac-10. Quite the contrary. I get plenty of that living right in the middle of it, so it will be quite refreshing to touch on the rest of the football world. By the way, if any Oklahoma Sooner fan is reading this, yes you guys got screwed when you came to Autzen. The otherwordly level of raw emotion and joy that I felt at the end of that game was like nothing I have ever felt but as time went on, I came to accept the fact that we didn't really win. Sorry about that. Anyway, get ready for college football and a lot of it. Come back often because the posts will hopefully be regular unless I get arrested for a terrorist plot because I Googled "Iran" when I actually meant to type in "I ran" because I wanted the lyrics to A Flock Of Seagulls' 80s classic. If that happens, I will let you know before I am taken into custody. Otherwise, enjoy The Autzen Zoo.

No comments: